After doing films like Namitha I Love You and Benki Birugaali, Namitha has signed on to play the lead role in Yama in Bangkok
The sexy siren Namitha comes back with another Sandalwood project. AR Babu will be directing the second film in the Yama series. He had earlier directed Hello Yama which also told the story of the God of Death. This time around, he has set it in a different background.
While Babu has managed to finalise Namitha for the female lead, he is still looking to cast an actor as Yama. Producer Dinesh Gandhi approached V Ravichandran for the role of Yama and Sadhu Kokila for Chitraguptha. Though Sadhu Kokila agreed to play Chitraguptha, V Ravichandran declined the offer due to prior commitments. The search is still on for a suitable actor to play for the role of Yama. Once the actor is finalised, the film will hit the floors. The shooting will take place in in Bangkok and Bangalore.
Is the Deepika-Siddhartha relationship in trouble?
he couple has always looked unsure about being together and Dips doing a film with her ex-boyfriend Ranbir isn’t helping the relationship either
Deepika Padukone will very soon be seen sharing screen space with her ex-beau Ranbir Kapoor in Ayan Mukherjee’s next Yeh Jawaani Hain Diwani. The Wake Up Sid director had to work really hard to convince the duo to do the film and finally his wish has been granted. Now as the two are set to recreate the magic of Bachna Ae Haseeno, Siddhartha Mallya would definitely have apprehensions about his lady love reuniting with her ex-lover. But then this Mallya kid will finally get a dose of his own medicine, won’t he? This young entrepreneur, who had casually said that he was in no mood to marry Deeps, will have to work extra hard to keep the flame burning between the two. Caught between her ex-lover and her current flame, we wonder how Ms Padukone is going to cope with the imminent brouhaha. As we have been keeping a close watch on the sexy babe’s love life, wethinks Deepika still has a soft spot for Ranbir. The tattoo and the memories still seem alive and if their onscreen chemistry is anything to go by, we don’t see the spark dying anytime soon. Add to that all the media attention these two are going to get as soon as they start shooting for the film, and things are set to get even more interesting! And while the plot thickens, we’d like to see if Sid tries to win back his hot girlfriend or not!
Niha Dhupia Dont Have Mood For Marrige
With her Bollywood career on the gallop, Neha Dhupia has no intention of settling down.Neha Dhupia thinks that marriage with boyfriend and ace squash player Ritwik Bhattacharya can wait when her career is going great guns now after a shaky start.
The ex beauty queen, who is known for her bold roles in films like Julie and Sheesha and equally bold statements like ‘opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!’ is out to surprise the audiences again with a totally new image in Shivam Nair’s upcoming Maharathi.
The actress, sounds a lot more confident in recent times with box-office hits like Singh is Kinng and Mithya under her belt, as she steps to conquer new territories.
Neha plays a vampish role in Maharathi and she seems pretty kicked about trying out something different.
“I play an actress who is very ambitious and is married to a film producer played by Naseeruddin Shah.”
Wife to Naseeruddin Shah? Now that’s an achievement, we say! And Neha feels absolutely honoured too to have worked with a senior actor like Naseeruddin Shah and also Paresh Rawal in the film
. “I feel blessed to have worked and learned from such fantastic performers,” says Neha.
Talking about the story of the film, she says, “There is a suicide in the film which everyone tries to turn into a murder to claim the huge insurance money. All the characters in the film are grey, greedy and selfish, out to make money.”
Neha credits the director of Maharathi, Shivam Nair, for coming up with a good product. She says, “Shivam is a calm and amiable person with a lot of clarity in his thought which reflects in the film. I had liked his first film Ahista Ahista and had always wanted to work with him.”
And no…Neha won’t be seen breaking into a dance number out of nowhere like usual Bollywood films. “I have no songs or dances in the film. It is a very serious character. I want to do all kinds of roles and play different characters,” says she. So, ‘different’ seems to be word the actress is living by to steer off her brazen image.
Her forthcoming films (and a long list at that) will have her playing roles as different as chalk and cheese too. “I’m doing Raat Gayi Baat Gayi with Rajat Kapoor, which has been written by Saurabh Shukla. I have an interesting role in Raftaar opposite Emraan Hashmi where I play the owner of a news channel
. I am also starting work in a Priyadarshan film called De Dhana Dhan in which I play a con girl and is an out and out comedy. Then I also have a film with Vinay Pathak called Papu Can’t Dance Saala,” counts off Neha.
So that means no wedding bells (with longstanding boyfriend and squash champion Ritwik Bhattacharya) ringing in the near future? “I have no plans of marriage yet. But we share a fabulous relationship and we are not answerable to anyone,” is her crisp reply.
Well Neha, your film roster brimming over with such interesting projects is answer enough.
20. Shilpa Shetty Kundra: So what if she is now married, Shilpa still sizzles at No. 20.
19. Minnie Gupta: This Indian American girl has posed for Playboy. Need we say more?
18. Mugdha Godse: The ramp to Bollywood move has done Mugdha a lot of good and she has also improved her ranking by 10 positions
17. Kazz Kumar: They call her the desi answer to Gwen Stefani. This British Indian singer is certainly hitting the right notes.
16. Mehreen Syed: Mehreen Syed is a Pakistani model and she is a new entrant on the list.
15. Asin: Asin is carefully climbing up the steps in Bollywood and also on the Sexiest Asian Women list. She was No. 22 on the 2008 rankings.
14. Pooja Chopra: The Indian contender for the Miss World 2009 crown is a debutante on the list.
13. Neha Dhupia: Her Bollywood career might not be exactly at its peak but she has certainly console herself with a No. 13 ranking, up from No. 17 the last year
12. Kangana Ranaut: Kangana might still be waiting for that huge Bollywood hit, but she has some interesting films lined up. Also she has climbed up four steps from No. 16.
11. Mallika Sherawat: She's currently wooing Hollywood and is frantically twittering. But all that didn't help her slipping down from her No. 6 position.
10. Deepika Padukone: This model-turned actress is definitely taking some long strides in Bollywood, she's up one place from No. 10 the last year.
9. Mehwish Hayat: This Pakistani model-turned-actress is one of the most popular faces on Pakistani soap operas.
8. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan:Ever since her Miss World crown Ash has hardly missed out on any sexy list for which Indians are eligible. She has slipped one position from her previous ranking.
7. Lara Dutta: One of the highlights of the film Blue was Lara Dutta in a bikini and this is the reason for her being No. 7, up from No. 13 the last year.
6. Bipasha Basu: Bipasha is the actress who redefined sexiness in Bollywood and she's at No. 6, down from No. 2 in 2008.
5. KareenaKapoor: Size zero or no size zero, Kareena's hot. Though she's down a slot from last year.
4. Laila Rouass:British actress Laila Rouass can make men swoon. She climbs a step higher from her No. 5 position in 2008.
3. Freida Pinto: This girl definitely got the best out of the success of Slumdog Millionaire and nowadays she is a regular on the sexiest women lists.
2. Priyanka Chopra: Priyanka is a girl who can turn geeks into romantic fools. Well, that's exactly what she'll be doing in her forthcoming film Pyaar Impossible. She up to No. 2 from No. 4 in 2008.
1. Katrina Kaif: It has actually become boring to see Katrina a top the sexy women rankings. But then she is. With the added oomph that she displayed in De Dana Dan, it seems unlikely that Katrina could be No. 2 anytime soon.
Ajay Devgan and Kajol shoot an ad for Sangini jewellary
These days it is all about innovative promotion strategies for your film. We saw enough of it in ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Saawariya’. Now, actor-debutant director Ajay Devgan took it upon himself to shoot for the ad commercial of Sangini jewellery, that’ll feature Ajay and Kajol. ...
Shot in Filmistan only recently, the ad will hit the small screens in mid-March, and will prove to be an extended marketing strategy for the promotion of Ajay’s directorial debut ‘U, Me Aur Hum’. In fact, the storyline of the ad commercial has been formulated keeping in mind the storyline of this romantic movie. It goes as Ajay and Kajol are on a cruise when it begins to rain stars. Our best wishes for the two talented stars of Bollywood!